Tuesday 10 July 2012

Wedding 2012

I haven't blogged it what feels like an age, partly because I've been mad busy with a wedding to go to and birthdays to plan but I've also suffered from the dreaded summer flu :( finally on my way to recovery though so I can blog about the wedding :)

7th July 2012 my Uncle Francis finally got married (we never thought he would...bachelor for life!)

Venue: Stanley House, Blackburn/Preston.

One of the prettiest venues I have ever seen a wedding take place in! Up on the hills away from everything the views were gorgeous! I dread to think how much everything cost but I'm guessing it was A LOT. Thankfully mother nature was kind and brought sunshine for all the photos and everything leading up to the wedding ceremony, only into the evening (when everyone was too drunk to care) did the rain start to fall! I'd been looking forward to this day for ages, mainly because I haven't been to a wedding since I was 12 but also because I had a gorgeous new dress to wear!

Hope you enjoy the photos! :)


I chose to have my hair in a messy curled fish tail which totally suited the the dress I was wearing! The pearl clips just give the hair style that extra little something and as a bonus I could keep them afterwards to wear again! Hair styled at TLC Hair & Beauty Hairdressers (Unisex) http://www.tlchairandbeauty.in-bury.co.uk/ with some of the nicest members of staff I have ever met, I wouldn't go to any other hair dressers!


This is the gorgeous Grecian dress I wore, super comfy and as it was floor length it meant I didn't have to worry about tanning my legs - bonus! I got this dress from Topshop for £60, it's backless which I love, not sure when I'll be able to wear this again because it is so summery and, excuse my atrocious English language, but 'weddingy'. However I will try my best to find some event to wear this to again because I have fallen in love with it!


My Uncle Francis with his gorgeous new wife and my new Auntie, Alison! They went for an ivory and deep red colour scheme - absolutely gorgeous!!



Here is a photo of me and my lovely mum and little sister is all of our gorgeous dresses, as you can see none of us wanted to wear anything even remotely similar so went for completely different dress styles and colours!



The happy couple cutting the GORGEOUS cake! The whole thing was fruit cake which I don't particularly like, however they had also had a plain sponge cake made for those of us who don't like fruit ones :) 




One final photo of the day - the first dance :) 
I had an amazing day despite the fact that I wasn't feeling 100% well! Hope you like the photos :) 






2 comments:

  1. aww sorry to hear you werent feeling well. You look stunning though and the bride and groom look so happy. congrats to your uncle and his new wife :) xx ps hope you get to wear the dress again, dam british weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know I hope I do too, damn this british summer, it's so cold and wet all the time, I want another heat wave!xx

      Delete