Sunday 1 July 2012

What to wear to a wedding


So ladies wedding season is upon us, every girl’s dream but absolute nightmare all in one. Excited at the prospect of getting a gorgeous new outfit but having a panic attack at the thought of having to find something appropriate/nice to wear! I find it so hard to find a complete outfit for a wedding, as in dress, shoes, bag, jacket (hey it’s England) and possible hair accessory – all to match; it’s asking for a miracle! My Uncle is getting married next week which inspired me to write this post as over the past month I have realised just how stressful I have found it to get together the perfect wedding outfit and thought I’d share my tips and finds that I discovered in the process!
The length of the dress you wear to a wedding is ridiculously important, remember you’re not going clubbing, you’re going to what’s likely a family event and one of the most important days of two people’s lives. In other words, keep your boobs covered and wear something respectable! Respectable doesn’t have to mean boring or unfashionable; maxi dresses are the new must have for women everywhere! Being a shorter woman I can fully sympathise with those of you now saying “But I ‘m too small to wear a maxi dress!” fear not I learnt very quickly that there are petite maxis out there and if you whack on a pair of wedges you’ll be fine – problem solved!
Another key issue when looking for a dress to wear to a wedding is the colour! White is a no no, sorry ladies, it might look nice but it’s a definite insult to any bride! Just don’t do it! There are plenty of other gorgeous dresses out there for you to choose from, also white can look plain why not go for something a little more adventurous! Below are some dresses I’ve found on my search that are perfect for weddings, along with jackets in case you can’t stand the cold for the outdoor photos and shoes to match! Remember if the wedding is set in the summer, go for the bright colours, it's what this season is all about!


Name: Heart Back Rib Prom Dress
Price: £55.00
Shop: Topshop

This dress is adorable and can be worn again for the wedding - bonus! The cute little love heart cut out at the back gives the dress it's uniqueness, although the colour and style is nothing out of the ordinary it fits most body types and flatters most skin tones. Also with the colour being more simple it gives you a bigger choice as to the colour of shoe you decide to wear with it! 



Name: Peach Net Halter Cover Up
Price: £20.00
Shop: Topshop

This dress differs slightly to most other maxi dresses as there is a slight uplift at the front, allowing shorter girls such as myself to be able to wear it without being overly concerned that we're going to step on it every five minutes! The colour is very summery and would look beautiful on a summers day! Although with the colour being rather distinct it doesn't leave as much choice for the colour of shoe, however having said that coral/peach is this seasons must have colour meaning that the shoe range in this colour has increased!


Name: Light Blue Lace Skater Dress
Price: £60.00
Shop: River Island

How adorable is this little dress?! It reminds me of something from a vintage Alice in Wonderland! Definitely a cute little tea party dress! This would be ideal for a wedding, especially for those of you who wish to follow in Kate Middleton's footsteps and go mad for lace! The colour is bright but simple and can be matched with pretty much anything, again ideal for when shoe shopping! The cut of the dress would be flattering on most body types and the little cut out at the back again gives the dress another unique standing point! This is the shortest of the dresses I have found but still an appropriate length for a wedding and again could be worn again at another time! 


Name: Cream Chelsea Girl Lace Skater Dress
Price: 28.00
Shop: River Island

I think I'm becoming a tad obsessed with lace myself, I cannot help but adore this little dress! The colour again is gorgeous and will match well with most shoes/blazers/handbags! This is ideal for those of us who love a vintage look without the vintage smell! Lace is one of this seasons must haves and with the price of this dress you really can't complain! Bargain! Again the length of dress is perfect for a wedding, not too short but again for us shorter ladies we won't end up standing on it by mistake! This dress could be worn again, even in the day with a belt and tights to go with it!














4 comments:

  1. wow wow wow, how lovely are these dresses! great choices!! reaaally love the blue lace one <3

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to say I think the little blue one is my favourite too :D x

      Delete
  2. Great post, I have a wedding to go to, so you have given me some ideas :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it useful lovely :) hope you find something gorgeous for the wedding!

      Delete